Sunday, May 6, 2012

New Series


       I leave Eastern in three days. Where did the semester go? Heck, where did the YEAR go?! And what in the WORLD happened this year?!?! I don’t have the answers to these questions, and I suspect I may never. I seriously can’t wrap my head around the fact that I’m a hair away from being DONE with my first year at Eastern University. I have this feeling that when I go home, I’m going to just walk around my house aimlessly, not really knowing what to do, and then at some point I’ll break down crying just because I’ll be so overwhelmed. PSH, I’m almost at that point NOW and I still have three days left! There’s just so much to process…I’m almost done. I’m ending a really significant chapter of my life…and starting a new one. When I was at the Student Chaplain banquet a week ago, Jo-Mo(Joe Modica, the University Chaplain) said, “Life is a series of hellos and good-byes”. It really is. I know for me, it’s really hard to say good-bye. But the good-byes need to be said. As well as the hellos. So here are mine:
GOOD-BYE
Good-bye locations that already hold so many memories, some full of pain and some full of joy.
Good-bye scenic pathways that bless me on my walks with Jesus and on my way to classes
Good-bye Sodexo and all your nonsense.
Good-bye double-room which has served as a single room for me this past semester
Good-bye living completely by myself…this may be a permanent good-bye.
Good-bye Victory Christian Fellowship, Blue Route Vineyard and Church of the Savior
Good-bye Wayne, you little town, you quiet village, where every day is like the one before. You little town full of little people...
Good-bye stupid lsdnviusfdgbhwoiedfhfnsdxh Hainer fire alarms!!
Good-bye to there being WaWas on every corner.
Good-bye Actors Lab, where it’s OK to break the rules and make up new ones every once and awhile.
Good-bye theatre-making, an outlet that provides me with both sanity and insanity.
Good-bye Student Chaplain program and the wonderful people/experiences it consists of
Good-bye new friends that have blessed my life more than you will ever understand (and I hope with all my heart that we will say “Hello” again in the future).
Good-bye “EU 2011-2012” chapter of this current season.
HELLO
Hello job that is not Sodexo.
Hello multiple visits “down the shore”.
Hello state where it’s illegal to pump my own gas.
Hello living with my family once again.
Hello demonic kitty(don’t ask).
Hello little notes from my little sister
Hello friends who are welcoming me back with open arms to embrace me and available shoulders to cry on.
Hello Resting Place EGS becoming part of my weekly routine again.
Hello Resting Place family, I’ve missed you all so much
Hello living 20 minutes away from the greatest city on earth
Hello “Back in NJ” chapter of current season…

Or perhaps, the first chapter of a new season? We shall see…

2 comments:

  1. Aren't you going back in August or September?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm going back in August. But that doesn't change that I'm saying good-bye for a significant amount of time and closing out a big chapter of my life(my first year away from home), ya know? :)

    ReplyDelete