Thursday, May 10, 2012

What to do, what to do....?

Well. I'm home. This is weird. It's really, really weird. I feel like I'm JUST on break and not actually home. Hopefully this feeling doesn't last for too long. But the fact of the matter is, I am actually home, and tomorrow is the first day official day of summer! I decided it might be fun to post my Summer 2012 To-Do List and then at the end of the summer, write another post about what I accomplished of that list. I figured it's a fun way to start the summer and will eventually be a fun way to end the summer. So, without further ado...

Summer 2012 To-Do List!
·         Have acoustic worship on the boardwalk at Seaside w/friends and just see what the Holy Spirit does
·         Do well in my summer classes
·         See Newsies on broadway w/Grace
·         Visit the Disneystore in Times Square w/Kristen
·         Learn how to sing the Hebrew portion of “When You Believe” from the Prince of Egypt
·         Figure out the harmony to “Through Heaven’s Eyes” from the Prince of Egypt
·         Learn the Cotton-Eye-Joe
·         Learn the knee-slapping, kick bit of choeography from Singing in the Rain
·         Start picking up guitar again
·         Read. Read A LOT
-      The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom
-      1984 by George Orwell
-      The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas
-      Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
-      Prisoner in the Third Cell by Gene Edwards
-      The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins
-      Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
-      A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
-      A book by Shane Clayborne(I’m an Eastern student, I might as well)
-      Cause of Discipleship by Deitrich Bonhoffer
-      Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
-      The Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis
-      W/e else gets placed in my hands
·         Browse internship possibilities
·         Browse for apartment possibilities in the St.David’s areaish(yes, I’m planning on moving out after I graduate. Lord willing, I’ll be permanently back in Jersey about a year after I graduate)
·         Browse theatre jobs for after I graduate.
·         Do something crazy w/my hair coloring(Icicle streaks?)
·         Get textbooks for next semester
·         Start loosely planning on Senior thesis stuff
·         Watch some classic movies
-      Who Shot Liberty Valence
-      (rewatch) Casablanca
-      Gone with the Wind
-      Anchors Aweigh
-      Anything with Gene Kelly ;)
-      Oklahoma
-      The Manchurian Canidate
·         Go see “The Dark Knight Rises”
·         Come off of coffee….well, at least, don’t get addicted to coffee
·         Go to nightwatch at RP once a week
·         Keep in touch with EU peeps
·         Rush tickets for a Broadway show(Lion King or Godspell)
·         GIVE REBECCA A HUGE HUG WHEN SHE GETS BACK FROM THE WORLD RACE!!!!
·         Disneybound as much as possible
·         Lemon-lime soda w/the juice ice cubes!(I saw it in Pintrest…ooooh Pintrest)
·         Get to know "Les Miserables"
·         Get to know "Dr. Who"



1 comment: