Monday, April 9, 2012

Unconditionally

Yesterday, Christians all over were singing praise songs to Jesus, reading John 20, and thanking Jesus for the work He did on the cross and through His resurrection. Christians all over are singing about His undying, beautiful, passionate love for us. Christians all over are talking about how He loves us unconditionally and nothing we do will ever separate from the love of God. Christians all over are focusing on the love that Christ has for us.
            I think if we are we really honest with ourselves, we’ll admit that sometimes this kind of love makes us want to run and hide. I know it makes me want to run and hide sometimes. Though I’ve had the revelation for awhile that Jesus loves me unconditionally, it still makes me uncomfortable sometimes. I realized that…
When I accused Him of being cruel and inconsiderate, He wasn’t offended.
When I arrogantly and flippantly demanded things from Him, He gave them to me.
When I angrily dismissed events in my life, He just smiled.
When my faith was weak, He said it was more than enough.
When I made Him the second choice, He was overjoyed to get any glance from me.
            No matter what I’ve said or done, He hasn’t left. He’s not fazed. He’s not angry. He hasn’t stopped singing over me. He hasn’t stopped speaking tenderly to me. His love for me has not lessened in the least.
            It’s one thing to receive the revelation that He loves unconditionally when you’re coming out of a bad place. It’s another when you’re walking in a rough season and you realize the revelation continues to be reality. It’s TERRIFYING. When I realized how much of a reality this was, I literally wanted to stop talking to God for awhile and just cry. That kind of love is so beautiful, but don’t pretend it’s not terrifying at times.
            Though it makes me squirm sometimes and it brings out hidden insecurities, it’s a beautiful, wonderful reality. It’s a reality that I can’t quite explain, but one that I’m thankful for. While it continues to break me, it also continues to bless me. He loves me SO much. He loves me unconditionally. He showers me with grace over and over and over again. He gave me the right to become a child of God. I don’t have to be afraid. Thank you Jesus.
“So we are His portion and He is our prize, drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes. If grace, is an ocean we’re all sinking. So heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss and my heart turns violently inside of my chest. I don’t have time to maintain these regrets when I think about the way that He loves us….oh how He loves us…”-How He Loves, John Mark McMillian


                                                                 Skit Guys - Grace

               ^This video is one of my favorite skits and really captures the beauty and struggle with grace.^

No comments:

Post a Comment